Chlorophyll sensor to measure chlorophyll and algal pigment concentration in ocean and freshwater environments, along with turbidity, using the mini fluorometer, TriLux. With two models to target different phytoplankton species and depth ratings to 2000m, TriLux is suitable for a wide variety of water environments:
- Chlorophyll a, Phycocyanin, Turbidity for freshwater deployments
- Chlorophyll a, Phycoerythrin, Turbidity for marine deployments
TriLux is compact and easy to integrate in wider systems and platforms including CTDs, data buoys, monitoring stations, surface vehicles, AUVs and ROVs.
Sensor Monitor software
TriLux data is now easily accessible using the new Sensor Monitor software, which allows you to view and store your data on Windows devices including tablets.
- Monitors chlorophyll, turbidity and phycocyanin or phycoerythrin in a single, sensitive probe
- Chlorophyll sensor
- Low cost solution for biological monitoring on existing platforms and large scale monitoring programmes
- Real-time data output in μg/l
- User configurable sampling frequency from 0.1 Hz to 3 Hz
- Robust ambient light and turbidity rejection
- Compact unit measuring only 26.5mm diameter and 140mm length
- RS232 output as standard, RS422 and SDI-12 available on request
- Depth rated to 2000m
- Windows software included as standard to view data in real time and store on your Windows device
- User calibration kit with sold standard for easy maintenance of your instrument to ensure long term data reliability
- Wiper available for shallow water deployments
- Harmful algal bloom detection and monitoring
- Coastal zone monitoring
- Biological assessment in marine protected areas
- Integration with CTDs, buoys, surface vehicles, ROVs, AUVs and towed vehicles
|Combinations||Dynamic Range*||Limit of Detection|
|Chlorophyll a, Turbidity, Phycoerythrin||Calibrated for 0-100 µg/L (Chlorophyll a in acetone)||Typically 0.1% of full range|
|Chlorophyll a, Turbidity, Phycocyanin||Calibrated for 0-100 µg/L (Chlorophyll a in acetone)||Typically 0.1% of full range|
* Configurable up to 1000 μg/L
|Size||Ø 26.5 mm x 140 mm (including connector)|
|Weight in air||190 g|
|Pressure housing||Titanium (2000 m)|
|Depth rating||2000 metres|
|Input voltage||11 to 25 Vdc|
|Data output||Digital RS232 and analogue 0 to 5 Vdc (or RS422, SDI-12 and 4-20 mA options)|
|Power requirements||<1 Watt @ 12 V|
The standard TriLux sensor has an RS232 output, with pinout diagrams and data format available in our handy integration guide. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The TriLux sensor is 140 mm long including the connector with a diameter of 26.5 mm.
Chelsea delivers comprehensive product training at competitive rates or as part of an agreed induction package. From basic functionality and operation, to data gathering and analysis, tailored courses can be delivered in person or remotely. Training with our specialist staff is the perfect way to get familiar with your new Chelsea instruments – talk to your account manager today to find out more.
Chelsea have a dedicated in-house service and calibration team who are specially trained and equipped to care for your Chelsea instruments and ensure that they maintain optimal performance. From software upgrades and component servicing, to re-calibration, our factory technicians, scientists, and engineers are ready to support you throughout the life of your Chelsea instrument.
We offer a comprehensive suite of spares and accessories for your Chelsea instruments and systems. Where component exchanges risk impacting on critical performance, such as compliance monitoring, Chelsea highly recommends purchasing spares in advance to avoid delays. As most spare components are manufactured to order, purchasing a package of spares in advance is the only way to guarantee minimal down time during servicing, calibration, and repair. Your account manager will work with you to devise a suitable spares package to ensure critical systems are maintained.