BWM compliance by our Maritime Manager, Emma Johnson, who recently spoke to International Tug& OSV Magazine on the importance of BWM compliance – accurate and cost-effective ballast water monitoring in safeguarding compliance. Check out the full article on p.67.
BMW compliance with Sea Sentry
IMO Compliant Wash Water Monitoring System – The complete turnkey solution
Type approved and MEPC 259(68) Wash Water Monitor for Ship Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems.
Exhaust emissions from marine diesel engines release gases and particulates that can be detrimental to human health and the environment. To reduce this pollution the IMO has established new regulations through its Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC). Ships operating both globally and in Emission Control Areas must now reduce NOX, SOX and particulate emissions. With the global sulphur limit dropping to 0.5% in 2020, the shipping industry must implement strategies to meet this target.
BMW compliant Sea Sentry: Features & Applications
- Fully integrated turnkey solution to monitor exhaust gas wash water and meet IMO regulations
- DNV-GL Type Approved, DNV-GL and Class NK in compliance with IMO MEPC 259(68)
- Suitable for retro fit and new installation of open, closed loop and hybrid scrubber system
- Full PAH Range – Full 0 – 4,500µg/L PAHphe measurement which provides full compatibility with all scrubber system flow rates
Two year calibration intervals on the PAH+ and Turbidity sensors allowing for uninterrupted monitoring
- Easy to use onboard sensor check – the new Chelsea solid standards kit allows you to verify the sensor calibration onsite with easy to operate, robust and stable solid standards as part of the commissioning process, without the need for liquids or chemicals
- Chelsea designed sensors and cabinet– as designers and manufacturers of both the sensors and complete system, Chelsea knows the science and the technology
- Confirms wash water from ship exhaust gas cleaning systems is within regulatory limits
- Suitable for both new ship and retrofit installations
- Compatible with Open Loop, Closed Loop and Hybrid systems