The new S-PAR sensor goes beyond traditional measurements of underwater light by measuring the irradiance across the visible spectrum rather than providing one universal value. With a resolution of 10 nm and a range of 360 – 760 nm, the S-PAR sensor provides a wealth of data to inform biological studies.
The S-PAR sensor is currently available as an accessory to the STAF family of instruments but will be available soon as a standalone sensor. Register your interest now.
- Measures visible light from 360 nm to 760 nm with a resolution of 10 nm
- Higher spectral resolution than a single measurement of PAR
- Depth rated to 2000 m
- Easy to integrate into wider systems or can be used as a standalone sensor
- Measuring ambient light available for photosynthesis across the spectrum in marine biological studies
- Measuring spectral differences in light from site to site and at varying depths