We need you!
From helping the global shipping industry achieve better environmental outcomes, bringing new perspectives on ocean exploration, enabling healthier fisheries, optimising agricultural practices to increase crop yields, and even advancing cutting-edge techniques in life sciences and infection control, Chelsea’s instruments have been helping shape a cleaner, more resilient and better understood world.
Now we want to see our equipment in action, and we need your help. Send us any high-resolution photo or HD video of our equipment in action and we will enter you into our Chelsea in Action Photo Competition for a chance to win our grand prize – the ultra-cool DJI Mini Drone 2!
With 4K/30fps, 12-megapixel onboard camera on 3-axis motorised gimbal, 10km (6.2 miles) video transmission, 4 x digital zoom and level 5 wind resistance, the DJI Mini Drone 2 is first time pilot friendly, powerful and ultra-lightweight, weighing just 249g. With a maximum battery life of 31 minutes, the Mini 2 offers plenty of scope to get those perfect shots, streaming HD video in real time up to 10 km away! You can quickly and easily share your professional-level footage directly to social media via Quickshots and the DJI Fly App.
Max. Ascent Speed: 5 m/s
Camera FOV (Degrees): 83°
Dimensions: 245 x 289 x 56 mm (unfolded with propellers)
Max. Flight Speed: 16 m/s
Max. Descent Speed: 3.5 m/s
Camera Included: Yes
Max Flight Times: 31 mins
Gimbal Included: Yes
Weight (g): 249g
Camera Megapixels: 12MP
This fun to fly, professional quality drone is the perfect tool to get new perspectives on your environment – just like Chelsea instruments!
How to enter:
Please enter your images and footage electronically by emailing HERE using the subject line ‘Chelsea in Action Competition Entry’ and please consider sharing your entry on our twitter and Linkedin accounts using the hashtag #chelseainaction.
Please remember to include your name and contact details and include a short paragraph about the photo or video – where and when it was taken and what the instrument was doing at the time.
We cannot accept entries via post – please get in touch if you have any issues submitting your entry.
The closing date for entries is 31st March 2021 and the winner will be notified via email and on our social media channels on 2nd April 2021.
Please read the full terms and conditions below and good luck!
Photo / Video Competition Terms and Conditions:
This photography and video competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
1. By entering the competition, you warrant to Chelsea Technologies Ltd. (‘Chelsea Technologies’) that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. Chelsea Technologies reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
2. All Entries must be received by 10.00am (BST) on 31 March 2021 (‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
4. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submitting their entry.
5. Chelsea Technologies reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to Chelsea Technologies disqualifying that person, without Chelsea Technologies being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
6. Employees of Chelsea Technologies and their relatives are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Entries should be submitted in a HIGH-RESOLUTION format, minimum 350 dpi or 720p HD. Images which are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date (31st March 2021) and in the manner set out in these conditions. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. 8. Chelsea Technologies accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries which are submitted in hard copy form as well as electronic form.
9. Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 5th April 2021 at the latest, by email. Winning images will be selected by the Chelsea Technologies judges to feature in merchandise and marketing collateral. One photo or video entry will be nominated by Chelsea Technologies judges as the overall winner and receive the top prize. Any runner-up Entries will also be featured on Chelsea Technologies website and social media channels and will receive a token prize. 4
10. Chelsea Technologies accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise. Intellectual property rights and data protection.
11. Entrants agree to their winning pictures appearing on the website of Chelsea Technologies (Chelsea.co.uk), and reseller websites, as well as on partner blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.
12. By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to Chelsea Technologies a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which Chelsea Technologies shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to Chelsea Technologies, with the intention that Chelsea Technologies shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to Chelsea Technologies the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to Chelsea Technologies in this paragraph12 shall include your irrevocable permission to Chelsea Technologies to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, and sell (your image may appear on materials we sell e.g. packaging and promotional material) your Entry worldwide for such purposes as Chelsea Technologies shall think fit without restriction.
13. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by Chelsea Technologies in accordance with data protection legislation in force in England.
14. All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name, and disclosure of their country of residence in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media
Governing law and jurisdiction
15. These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
16. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims).