Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor company working in a variety of industry sectors, including green shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and agritech. It is an exciting time to join the company, as it grows the business.
We are looking to recruit a Sales Order Processing Co-ordinator with experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment who understands sales order processing as part of a production process. You should be familiar with CRM & ERP systems (full training will be provided). Knowledge/experience of shipping & customs, export licensing, IPR* ideally required.
Strong planning and organising skills are essential for this role as is an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers. You should be tenacious/results oriented and have a ‘can do’ attitude. If you are a career minded, driven individual with relevant experience in progressing orders in manufacturing we’d love to hear from you.
- To progress customer sales enquiries for equipment spares and process sales orders for the complete range of Chelsea Technologies products, through the acknowledgement of orders received, liaison over delivery dates and organisation of worldwide shipments.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken to maximise levels of customer satisfaction through excellent communication and in strict compliance with export and other shipping regulations.
- To progress sales orders from customers, matching to existing quotes, inputting to the Company ERP system (SYSPRO), ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the order.
- To coordinate optimal DESPATCH dates with the Production Planning team prior to sending Order Acknowledgements.
- To attend weekly PRODUCTION MEETINGS and monitor that committed ship dates are achievable.
- To COMMUNICATE with external customer and internal sales, if appropriate, in sensitive customer situations, that alteration of despatch dates is necessary.
- To manage the SHIPMENTS of equipment to customers across the world, establishing priorities with the internal packing team and liaising with external couriers/freight forwarders, ensuring comprehensive accompanying documentation, strict adherence to export licence regulations/VAT regulations and any drivers handling Company equipment are fully qualified/certificated to handle hazardous goods when required.
- To produce accurate and timely INVOICES to customers for all equipment orders.
- Previous sales order processing/quotation experience ideally within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems
- IT literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Tenacious/results oriented
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Good ability to work with others
- Ability to influence
Educated to A level standard, preferably having studied a Business-related qualification.
The Chelsea Technologies offices are currently at 55 Central Avenue, West Molesey, Surrey KT8 2QZ . From June 2024 we will be moving to Blackbushe Business Park, Yateley GU46 6GD
Along with a competitive salary, cost of living rises and PRP, Chelsea offers a quality pension scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
37.5 hrs. Start time between 8-9am and finish 4-5pm. Opportunity for weekly condensed hours to finish early on Fridays (from 1.30pm). This role is not suitable for hybrid working as its a key office based one.
Chelsea Technologies undertakes defence contracting work and therefore candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence. 5 years residency in the UK is essential.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV, detailing how you meet the above criteria, to email@example.com using the subject line SOP CO-ORDINATOR APPLICATION plus your name. Please include details of salary expectation.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice to understand how we look after your personal data during the application process.
*IPR is a process used to import goods into the UK on a temporary basis, suspending the duty and import VAT (or later repaid), provided the goods meet certain criteria for repair, re-packing or sorting in the UK, for re-export or release to a client at a later date (within 6 months and then paying the duty/tax).