Would you like to work for a company that makes a difference? A company that has a rich heritage and an exceptional reputation for innovation and quality? Would you like to work for a company that supports your development and gives you the opportunity to raise your profile and grow as a recognised professional? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor manufacturer based in Surrey UK, offering a variety of solutions to the green shipping, marine science, water quality, agriculture and defence sectors.
We are a diverse and inclusive family of scientists, designers, engineers, manufacturing experts and businesspeople who work every day to deliver new ways for the world to solve problems and protect the environment; and there has never been a better time to join us as we grow and prepare for the next 55 years in business.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Sales Manager with experience of consultative technical selling to join our growing team.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Finding, developing, closing and administering new and existing sales opportunities within defined markets, using all available outreach and communications methods.
- Producing written quotations and proposals and following defined processes to ensure sales orders are handled correctly.
- Leading the coordination of the entire sales process from enquiry to delivery to ensure that orders are progressed efficiently, and customers are kept fully informed.
- Seeking and delivering regular product training and maintaining current technical, regulatory and commercial knowledge of assigned products and markets.
- Engaging and developing involvement with relevant industry bodies and stakeholder groups to help ensure Chelsea’s product range is relevant, competitive and understood by the market.
- Participating in digital and physical conferences and exhibitions as a delegate or exhibitor and presenting Chelsea’s products and services during talks and panel discussions. This may involve regular and significant international travel as required.
- Pro-actively support and develop reseller networks within defined market sectors by hosting information exchanges, disseminating product and company updates and regularly sharing the latest marketing collateral to support their success.
- Conduct product demonstrations and live training sessions with prospective clients and customers as required.
- Advising on and leading input into marketing and promotional material for assigned markets, including blog and article writing for publication on Chelsea media channels and national and international digital and print publications.
- Presenting market and product development opportunities within defined sector to Senior Sales Managers, Head of Sales and Head of Marketing for consideration.
- Producing detailed and high-quality documentation, including visit reports, briefings, project proposals and sales plans as required
Who might be a good fit?
Chelsea is proud of its diverse workforce and pro-actively seeks to be an inclusive employer. If you can meet the requirements and you have the drive and resilience to succeed, we will welcome everything else that makes you unique.
- Being a consultative, technical sales role, you will be educated to degree level in a technical or scientific subject (minimum 2.1 or higher) or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the marine and environmental science sectors is highly desirable, but for those who can demonstrate exceptional sales ability from a relatable sector, full training can be provided.
- Previous experience communicating with a multi-national customer base at all levels of seniority.
- Finding, negotiating and closing sales opportunities and meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Utilising CRM software effectively.
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- High level of commercial awareness and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Able to demonstrate the drive, determination, resilience and organizational skills required of a challenging but rewarding sales role.
What else can you tell me?
- Package – Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Hours – 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. Due to the requirement for international travel and attendance at external events, these hours sometimes vary.
- Security Clearance – Candidates must be suitable for security clearance via MoD UKSV.
- How to apply – Send a copy of your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format), detailing how you meet the above criteria.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format), detailing how you meet the above criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Sales Manager plus your name. Please include details of salary expectation.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice to understand how we look after your personal data during the application process.