We are recruiting for a talented and highly motivated Sales Manager with experience of consultative technical selling to take on our environmental technology portfolio and help us continue our success across the global marine and water quality sectors. You’ll be responsible for selling our range of “Single Turnover Active Fluorometry”. A degree in Marine Science, Marine Biology, Biology would be helpful. Happy to receive CVs from young graduates and more experienced sales managers.
This role will execute day-to-day sales activities and management necessary to achieve targeted revenue and growth. Over time you will grow in to maintaining and support existing key customer accounts plus identify and develop new opportunities for the promotion of Chelsea products and solutions; ensuring that sales processes maximise customer satisfaction and firmly establish Chelsea as the supplier and partner of choice.
You will also be responsible for facilitating the achievement of profitable sales across the full range of Chelsea products and services through motivated and focussed sales management, building effective relationships with external customers to achieve Company financial and business objectives and the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
- Finding, developing, closing and administering new and existing sales opportunities, using all available outreach and communications methods.
- Maintaining and supporting existing key customer accounts plus identifying and developing new opportunities for the promotion of Chelsea products and services.
- Promoting and supporting sales activities in established market areas and create sales strategies to introduce new and existing Chelsea products/services into new market areas, ensuring excellent levels of financial return on sales/services at all times.
- Defining and developing new market opportunities to support Chelsea’s long-term growth.
- Producing written quotations and proposals and following defined processes to ensure sales orders are handled correctly.
- Seeking regular product training and maintaining current technical, regulatory and commercial knowledge of the global marine and water quality industries.
- Conduct product demonstrations and live training sessions with prospective clients and customers as required.
- Pro-actively support and help develop reseller networks by hosting information exchanges, disseminating product and company updates, and regularly sharing the latest marketing collateral to support their success. Manage selected resellers within effectively to meet agreed targets and ensure excellent two-way communications in order to maximise sales of Chelsea products/services, with 100% adherence to Company rules and policies especially regarding business ethics e.g. Anti-Bribery Policy etc
- To gather and communicate market information to inform and influence Sales, Business Development, Marketing and Engineering efforts across Chelsea, including feedback on product performance, future market requirements impacting engineering design and development processes, market price tolerances, competitor activities, promotional opportunities etc
- To build and maintain key commercial relationships to assist in the identification of business opportunities, the gathering of market intelligence and promotion of Company interests and develop effective sales strategies and marketing initiatives.
- To enhance the reputation and profile of Chelsea, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/ societies etc, and conference presentations, publication of papers and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
- Participating in digital and physical conferences and exhibitions as a delegate or exhibitor and presenting Chelsea’s products and services during talks and panel discussions. This may involve regular and significant international travel as required.
- Providing input into marketing and promotional material, including blog and article writing for publication on Chelsea media channels and national and international digital and print publications.
- To keep up to date with in-house technology and product advances, commercial processes, company procedures, company strategy and tactics to ensure efficient progressing of sales opportunities.
- Producing detailed and high-quality documentation, including visit reports, briefings, project proposals and sales plans as required.
Who might be a good fit?
Chelsea is proud of its diverse workforce and pro-actively seeks to be an inclusive employer. If you can meet the requirements and you have the drive and resilience to succeed, we will welcome everything else that makes you unique.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the marine, environmental or water quality industry is highly desirable, but for those who can demonstrate exceptional sales ability from a relatable sector, full training can be provided.
- Good understanding of the underwater technology sector: market forces/drivers, customer processes and priorities etc.
- General business and commercial acumen
- Previous experience communicating with a multi-national customer base at all levels of seniority.
- Finding, negotiating and closing sales opportunities and meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Utilising CRM software effectively.
- Understanding and knowledge of best practice in sales processes
- Technically and personally credible communicator, influencer and networker with new and existing senior customer contacts/external bodies
- Experience of developing and managing sales funnels
- Demonstrable customer orientated attitude and behaviour for self and others.
- Being a consultative, technical sales role, you will be educated to degree level in a technical or scientific subject (science, engineering, operations, minimum 2.1 or higher) or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- High level of commercial awareness and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Able to demonstrate the drive, determination, resilience and organizational skills required of a challenging but rewarding sales role.
What else can we tell you?
The Chelsea Technologies offices are in West Molesey, Surrey, UK.
Staff who wish may participate in hybrid working with at least 3 days in the office and 2 working remotely.
Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
The role is 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday, Start time 8am-9am – Finish time 4pm-5pm with 30 minutes for lunch). Please note, due to the requirement for international travel and attendance at external events, these hours sometimes vary.
Chelsea Technologies undertakes defence contracting work and therefore candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format), detailing how you meet the above criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line SALES MANAGER APPLICATION plus your name. Please include details of salary expectation. The closing date is 20/6/2022. Please note: Interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice to understand how we look after your personal data during the application process.
Would you like to work for a company that makes a difference? A company that has a rich heritage and an exceptional reputation for innovation and quality? Would you like to work for a company that supports your development and gives you the opportunity to raise your profile and grow as a recognised professional? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor manufacturer based in Surrey UK, offering a variety of solutions to the green shipping, marine science, water quality and defence sectors.
We are a diverse and inclusive family of scientists, designers, engineers, manufacturing experts and businesspeople who work every day to deliver new ways for the world to solve problems and protect the environment; and there has never been a better time to join us as we grow and prepare for the next 58 years in business.