Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor company working in a variety of industry sectors, including green shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and agritech. It is an exciting time to join the company, as it grows the sales functions. We are looking to recruit an Administrator with experience of sales order processing ideally within an engineering/manufacturing environment. You should be familiar with CRM systems (full training will be provided). Strong planning and organising skills are essential for this role as is an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers. You should be tenacious/results oriented and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- To progress purchase orders from customers, matching to any existing quotes, inputting to the Company ERP system, ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the order.
- To liaise with the Engineering team regarding more complex customer orders, to ensure all aspects of the products are accurately reflected in the production/ordering process.
- To coordinate optimal despatch dates with the Production team.
- To monitor delivery schedules and ensure the Production plans will achieve committed dates, where this is not possible, advising the external customer, sales and engineering staff, if appropriate, in sensitive customer situations, that alteration of despatch dates are necessary.
- To work with Production on the shipment of equipment to customers across the world, ensuring comprehensive accompanying documentation, strict adherence to export licence regulations/VAT regulations and any drivers handling Company equipment are fully qualified/certificated to handle hazardous goods when required.
- To contribute to the development of new working processes and practices to improve the efficiency levels of sales order processing across the Company.
- Previous sales order processing/quotation experience ideally within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems
- IT literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Tenacious/results oriented
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Good ability to work with others
- Ability to influence
Educated to A level standard, preferably having studied a Business-related qualification
What else can you tell me?
The Chelsea Technologies offices are in West Molesey, Surrey, and regular attendance in the office is a requirement for this role.
Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
The role is 20-25 hours a week (ideally 4-5 days a week).
Chelsea Technologies undertakes defence contracting work and therefore candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK Ministry of Defence. 5 years residency in the UK is essential.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter, detailing how you meet the above criteria, to email@example.com using the subject line SALES ADMINSTRATOR APPLICATION plus your name. Please include details of salary expectation.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice to understand how we look after your personal data during the application process.