Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor company working in a variety of industry sectors, including green shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and agritech. We are looking to recruit an Operations Assistant to assist the Head of Operations with transforming the organization’s MRP2 operations for world class supply chain management with efficient and effective planning controls. You should have proven experience of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP2) and Supply Chain Management and strong experience of using MRP software ideally gained within an engineering/manufacturing/high tech environment. You should be tenacious/results oriented and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Assisting the Head of Operations with transforming the organization’s MRP2 operations for world class supply chain management with efficient and effective planning controls to include but not limited to assisting with:
- Data validation of all MRP static and dynamic data (BOM’s, purchase orders, work orders, routings, structures, lead-times, warehouse and manufacturing costs, batch sizes and forecast maintenance).
- Checking and validating MRP make / buy demand.
- Creating and maintaining work orders including correct transaction of materials and labour bookings.
- Investigating materials and labour variances.
- Shortage progressing.
- Purchase order release and fulfilment cycle.
- Standard cost and purchase price variance investigation.
- Cycle count investigation and administration.
- General administration duties in support of the supply chain management and order fulfilment functions.
- Process mapping and training guide creation.
- Compilation of and reporting on planning controls, key performance indicators and target service levels.
- Supporting minimal paper / maximum digital office environment with scanning and file maintenance of documents.
- Preferred: Educated to A level standard, ideally having studied a Business-related qualification
- Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP2) and Supply Chain Management – essential
- Strong experience of using MRP software – essential
- Core manufacturing data maintenance
- Multi-level bill of materials
- Proven experience in work order and production planning and associated controls, ideally within an engineering/manufacturing/high tech environment
- Microsoft Office skills (in particular, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs and charts within Excel)
- Experience within a commercial environment for engaging with a wider team outside of own department to progress, pursue and secure closure of actions in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong level of numeracy.
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Good ability to work with others
- Tenacity to delight customers with on time and right first time delivery standards and exceed customer satisfaction expectations.
- Results oriented with the ability to influence and encourage colleagues and supply partners to achieve deadlines and target service levels / response times.
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, logistics and, colleagues at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to focus and close out key tasks whilst also dealing with interruptions and changing priorities.
Dimensions & Scope of the Role
Team: No direct team members.
Office Base: Based at the Company’s offices
Travel: No travel is expected
Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
The role is normally 37.5 hours Monday – Friday 8am-9am – 4pm-5pm with our ‘flexi-hour’ start and finish options and 30 minutes for lunch.
Candidates must be suitable for security clearance via MOD UKSV.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter, detailing how you meet the above criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Operations Assistant (MRP, Planning & Controls) plus your name. Please include details of salary expectation.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice to understand how we look after your personal data during the application process.