Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor design & manufacturing company working in a variety of industry sectors, including green shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and agritech. We are looking to recruit an experienced Materials & Production Planner MRP2 to join our Supply Chain team.
Responsible for assisting the operations team with:
- Reviewing MRP messages for work order action (i.e. create new work order, expedite, defer, cancel existing work orders according to MRP messages).
- Maintaining, reviewing and printing work orders within a Syspro MRP system.
- Checking and adjusting work order start and finish dates to meet required sales order delivery schedule or internal engineering orders.
- Verifying all work order transactions have been completed correctly upon job completion including booking of labour time, issue of materials and build quantities.
- Electronically issuing materials to kits.
- Booking completed work orders into stock.
- Running work order shortage reports and working with purchasing to relieve shortages.
- Progressing purchase order delivery dates with our suppliers.
- Working closely with the Production Manager in a supporting role to create a balanced capacity plan / master production schedule and updating associated Excel reports and macros as required.
- Assisting with the planning and administration of RMA or rework work orders.
- Scanning and filing work order documentation.
- General administration duties in support of the supply chain management and order fulfilment functions.
- Maintaining static MRP data (lead-times, costs, economic batch sizes, work centres, locations)
Preferred: Educated to A level standard, ideally having studied a Business-related qualification
Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP2) and Supply Chain Management – preferred
- Experience of using MRP software – preferred
- Multi-level bill of materials – preferred
- Experience in production and materials planning and associated controls, ideally within an engineering/manufacturing/high tech environment
- Microsoft Office skills (in particular Excel) – Essential
- Excellent analytical skills with strong level of numeracy.
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Good ability to work with others
- Tenacity to delight customers with on time and right first time delivery standards and exceed customer satisfaction expectations.
- Results oriented with the ability to influence and encourage colleagues and supply partners to achieve deadlines and target service levels / response times.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to focus and close out key tasks whilst also dealing with interruptions and changing priorities
Security clearance will be applied for on appointment – Only candidates suitable for clearance need apply. Proof of residency in UK for last 5 years is required.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ellen Keegan with details of salary expectation.