Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor company working in a variety of industry sectors, including green shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and agritech. It is an exciting time to join the company as the business continues to grow. We are looking for a Management Accountant responsible for producing the Management Accounts for the Company, by managing key internal financial processes and control points to ensure the integrity of the balance sheet and the financial statements.
To produce the management accounts for Chelsea Technologies on a monthly basis, including commentary
To produce the Chelsea Technologies flash report on a monthly basis
To perform the company bookkeeping for Chelsea Technologies including ownership of prepayments, accruals, and recurring journals.
To ensure the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing, or reviewing, all reconciliations on a monthly basis, including primary responsibility for all stock and work in progress accounts, and provision accounts – stock, warranty, sales, etc.
To provide in-depth analysis and reports on the Company’s consolidated sales and margin by a variety of different analysis fields, as required.
To undertake variance analysis of Chelsea Technologies overhead expenditure by cost centre.
To participate in the quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting process as needed.
To be involved in new system developments and to drive forward process improvements in order to improve efficiency.
To manage key internal financial processes within inventory and Work In Progress (WIP), including the standard costing system.
Support the Finance Director in undertaking the Company’s annual stock-take.
To work with the Finance Director to analyse and monitor financial reporting of projects within the business.
To generate an annual Research and Development tax claim and annual Patent Box claim, in collaboration with the Finance Director, seeking to gain significant tax savings, using knowledge and analysis of the business financial data.
To work closely with the Finance Manager on other aspects of finance within the Company.
Support the Company in the introduction of new financial systems and processes.
To produce statutory returns/submissions on a monthly or quarterly basis as required.
UK passport required: We are involved in classified work and as such all staff must be capable of obtaining security clearance to SC Level.
- ACCA/CIMA Newly qualified
- Degree qualified in a business related discipline (desirable)
- Accounting standards and financial statutory requirements
- Company bookkeeping
- In-depth knowledge of Business Processes within a Financial context e.g. differing roles within Finance, context and impact of own role and the department etc.
- Understanding of Business Processes within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment e.g. Finance’s interaction with manufacturing processes, tracking and analysis of material/project costs etc.
- Knowledge of costing techniques (eg standard costing, average costing, etc)
- R&D Tax legislation (desirable)
- Knowledge of revenue recognition and margin analysis
- Experience of Management accounting, ideally within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (in particular, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs and charts within Excel)
- Strong experience of ERP systems (Syspro, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong level of numeracy
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels within an organisation
- Team player
- Ability to meet deadlines, whilst also dealing with interruptions and changing priorities
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ellen Keegan with details of salary expectation. Feel free to call Ellen Keegan – +44(0)20 8481 9019 for more information.