Would you like to work for a company that makes a difference? A company that has a rich heritage and an exceptional reputation for innovation and quality? Would you like to work for a company that supports your development and gives you the opportunity to raise your profile and grow as a recognised professional? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor manufacturer based in Surrey UK, offering a variety of solutions to the green shipping, marine science, water quality, agriculture and defence sectors.
We are a diverse and inclusive family of scientists, designers, engineers, manufacturing experts and businesspeople who work every day to deliver new ways for the world to solve problems and protect the environment; and there has never been a better time to join us as we grow and prepare for the next 55 years in business.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Head of Sales with experience of consultative technical selling to lead our growing sales team.
What are the key responsibilities?
- To create and execute detailed/tactical proactive sales plans for each market area, with the aim of increasing market share
- To ensure the sales team meet and exceed the annual targets
- To drive direct sales through effective line management and motivation of the internal sales team and to manage and develop other sales channels via agents and resellers.
- To develop and maintain the Company’s agents and reseller network, ensuring that appropriate due diligence of existing and proposed network members is carried out in line with the UK Bribery Act.
- To ensure sales processes, including quotation/proposal vetting, contract review and CRM system management are in place and being used effectively.
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques throughout the sales team including identifying and supporting staff training needs
- To maintain own portfolio of customers and meet/exceed personal sales targets
- To ensure customers receive the highest levels of customer service
- To strengthen and develop customer relationships across new and existing customers and maintain relationships with and directly lead the sales process to high value accounts.
- To manage all customer service and support activities including overall responsibility for support queries, service and calibration, training and field engineering business areas.
- To manage sales administrative activities, including strict adherence to import and export regulations.
- To lead engagement efforts with external stakeholders such as regulatory bodies in conjunction with the Head of Marketing
- To lead, coach and develop the growing sales and customer service team
- To manage the sales budget and ensure it is spent effectively and within agreed parameters
- Provide regular reports to the Managing Director and Executive team
- To provide input into the sales and marketing strategy in conjunction with the Head of Marketing and Managing Director.
Who might be a good fit?
Chelsea is proud of its diverse workforce and pro-actively seeks to be an inclusive employer. If you can meet the requirements and you have the drive and resilience to succeed, we will welcome everything else that makes you unique.
- Being a consultative, technical sales role, you will be educated to degree level in a technical or scientific subject (minimum 2.1 or higher) or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in at least one of the company’s industry areas
- Demonstrate strong sales ability with a proven track record of achieving targets
- Experience in managing a small team and coaching individuals
- Experience managing budgets and developing sales and marketing plans
- Senior level experience of management of people and resources
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- High level of commercial awareness and an understanding of financial management.
- Excellent organisational, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
What else can you tell me?
- Package – Along with a competitive salary, Chelsea offers a quality pension Scheme, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Hours – 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. Due to the requirement for international travel and attendance at external events, these hours sometimes vary.
- Security Clearance – Candidates must be suitable for SC security clearance with the UK MoD
- How to apply – Send a copy of your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format), detailing how you meet the above criteria.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ellen Keegan with details of salary expectation. Feel free to call Ellen Keegan – +44(0)20 8481 9019 for more information.