Chelsea Technologies is a market leading environmental sensor design & manufacturing company working in a variety of industry sectors, including green shipping, marine science, water quality, defence and agritech. We are recruiting for an Electro-Mechanical Production Assembly & Test Engineer, focusing on mechanical, electrical instrument build, test instrument build, fault finding PCB and mechanical components.
Core aspects of the role:
- Assembly, test and inspection of electro-mechanical instruments from the Chelsea Technologies products range
- Servicing, fault diagnosis and repair of returned items
- PCBA programming, test and inspection
- Optical inspection
- Interpreting engineering drawings for assembly instruction and following standard operating procedures, control plans and PFMEA’s where applicable.
- Transacting labour movements within a work order on the companies MRP system, booking direct and indirect labour utilization and quantity completed at each operations level.
- Completing working order operations to delivery time and date specified on the work order.
- Ensuring compliance with QHSE/ISO standards.
- Participating in ongoing continuous improvement systems
- Maintaining a 5S workstation and work environment
- Working closely with R&D Department for assembling prototypes and advising on manufacturing issues and manufacturing engineering/value engineering improvement opportunities.
Previous experience of assembling and manufacturing products with multi commodity bill of materials and in particular machined components (essential), printed circuit board assemblies (essential), wiring looms and cable assemblies (essential) and lenses, windows and optics (preferred). Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to read engineering drawings eg mechanical assembly and schematics
- Solder to component level
- Carry out test and inspection of PCBs and instrumentation to set procedures
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures, including ESD and quality standards
- Motivated and self-driven with a can-do attitude and a willingness to be part of the team.
- A true sense of ownership and passionate for results achieving a high quality standard and first time pass rate. Exceeding customer expectations on workmanship standards.
Technical qualification (i.e. Electrical / Electronic Engineering and Test Engineering)
- Team Player
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Work methodically and pay great attention to detail
Security clearance will be applied for on appointment – UK passport holders required plus proof of residency in UK for last 5 years.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ellen Keegan with details of salary expectation.